My grandmother’s blintze recipe emaile to me by Unca Bop Sunday, March 2, 2008
2 eggs to a cup of milk
8 heaping teaspoons flour (to translate: about 1/4 cup)
in Osteriser til mixed
That is the leaf.
Cheese — 2 envelopes or bars Farmer cheese
and an egg
sugar or subst to taste
pinch of salt
In small frying pan with Teflon add Pam (grandma is a huge fan of Pam!).
Pour in the Ost stuff when pan hot.
When firm dump on large plate and repeat til used up.
Fold in cheese mixture to stuff on plate
put on lg baking dish.
When all on the dish put in oven on 350 till lightly browned on top.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup water (seltzer)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the wrapper ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth. Leave to rest for 1-2 hours.
- To fry, use a tiny amount of butter (1/8 tsp) on medium to medium-low heat.
- Put about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of batter on the pan and swirl to coat.
- Cook around 5 minutes on one side only then set aside for later.
- 2 (7.5 oz) packages farmer’s cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream, mascarpone, creme fraiche or softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all filling ingredients together in cuisinart until smooth.
- Place 3 tablespoons or so on the cooked side of the wrapper the fold.
- Cook the blintzes in a small amount of oil on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with sour cherry or any other lovely fruit compote or sprinkle with a little sugar and top with sour cream.