- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 cup warm water 110°
- 1/2 cup warm milk 110°
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/5 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Grated parmesan cheese
- eggwash (I coated it in olive oil)
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Put yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in warm water and let stand for 5 min.to soften.
- Stir in milk, salt and oil.
- Add the flour in incriments until blended.
- Kneed dough until elastic.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place untill doubled about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down, turn out onto floured surface. Flatten dough, like a pizza
- Top with pepperoni and cheese. Roll like a jelly roll, pinch edges.
- Eggwash the top of the bread roll
- Bake 375 for 20 to 25 minutes on a greased baking sheet.
I used turkey pepperoni and it worked out fantastically well. Now I want to play around with different fillings, or maybe make it into a cuttable cinnamon roll! This is a great dough recipe.
From: The Pepperoni Roll Homepage
Adapted from Grandmas Pepperoni Bread
Source Grandma’s little red book
Submitted by Pualani Anzelmo Wagner